So you have a website with some traffic going through it, yet not many customers are getting converted? The truth is – having traffic is not the most important thing, the conversion rate of your customers is. Having your website correctly setup could be your best tool to generate real estate leads and generating revenue.
There are a number of ways to improve the customer conversion rates and the best one, in my opinion, is to convert customers by helping them. It may sound strange, but the idea is to trade something valuable in exchange for the customer contact information (e.g. phone number or email). You see, it is disproportionally more likely for the customer to share the contact details with you if you find a way to help them. The value that you offer in exchange for the customer’s contact details is called a Lead Magnet in digital marketing and it should be the first step in your customer acquisition process online.
I like to perceive Lead Magnets as your online assets. You may spend some time putting one together, but they will serve you and your customers for quite some time. Lead Magnets don’t need to be lengthy and heavy, in fact the simpler they are – the better conversion rates you will experience. In order to generate real estate leads efficiently, you Lead Magnet must offer an instant value to the customer. What works is concise, easy to consume, jam-packed with value, specific and highly targeted advise.
To illustrate what I mean, here is an example of a bad lead magnet:
As you see, it is not specific, it does not solve a particular problem and actually, the value of it is completely unclear. The days of enticing online customers with newsletter subscription offers are long gone. With so much information available today, the customers want highly relevant advice for their very immediate concern and they want it now. So the lead magnet above will not generate real estate leads or leads for that matter.
In contrast, here is one of the examples of a good lead magnet:
There are many reasons why the above lead magnet is great, but the main ones are:
- Simple, positive and clear design
- Extremely targeted in terms of the problem it solves and the audience it targets
- Showing a human face looking at the sales copy. The research shows that this makes the website visitors more likely to read the offer presented to them.
Which Real Estate Lead Magnet Should I Have?
In order to understand how to help your customers, you first need to understand the problems they may experience when selling or renting out a home. Below are some of the Lead Magnet ideas you can consider to generate real estate leads more efficiently.
Those are probably the most common types of lead magnets. Some great examples may include:
- Buyer’s guide – a great way to showcase your expertise by providing a simple step-by-step guide explaining the home buying process.
- Seller’s guide – this report could be very powerful as it people what to get it right when they sell their home. The report could highlight all the things for the seller to consider in order to get the most for his home as well as to make it a smooth experience. Offering a free property appraisal at the end of the report could be a great way to convert a customer.
- Market report – this report is effective because most sellers would love to know how the market is performing. This allows your customers to set their expectations straight. Recent sales, medium and record prices for the suburb could be a good way to demonstrate the market performance.
- Suburb report – a short report to highlight the best and interesting aspects of the suburb such as schools, crime rate, future developments, demographics, income levels and other neighborhood information.
This can be anything and the best way to come up with an idea is to think about the questions that you get asked the most. Those may include:
- How to stage a home?
- When is the best time to sell?
- How to pick a selling agent?
- How to find the best property manager?
- Top 10 sellers mistakes and how to avoid them.
- How to increase the perceived value of the property?
- How to maximise the rental return on the property?
Most of the above ideas could simply represent a one-page checklist. The objective is to offer great value but in a very compact and concise fashion.
In summary, – creating lead magnets is not hard. You can even outsource it these days using Fiverr or Upwork to make them look really professional and stand out from the crowd. The most important thing that you need to consider is your website. You need to make sure that your website supports the integration of the lead generation software that makes it easy to use for you and for your customers.
Luckily – all our websites come with lead generation tools integrated. All you need is a lead magnet, we will configure and run it on your website. You will also get monthly conversion rate reports providing vital data to grow your customer base. Please see our website packages and book an online appointment with us to discuss how we can help generate real estate leads for your business.
We are always looking for the latest technology and ways to make you stand out from your competition. Subscribe for tips and get an edge!